I was referred to this recipe by my new friend, PJBonarrigo, and you can find it here:
Chocolate Mousse with Avocado Recipe
Who would have thought avocado could go well with chocolate!! It looks like a lovely treat for Valentines day, doesn't it!
4 oz semisweet chocolate
1 tbs canola oil
2 tbs cocoa
2 tbs pure maple syrup
2 tbs honey (if you don’t eat honey, agave nectar or more maple syrup is fine)
2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1. Put the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and stir to coat with the canola oil. Microwave for 45 seconds. Stir, then microwave for 30 seconds. Repeat with decreasing times until the chocolate is melted and smooth. [Since I'm going for Raw, I will use a double broiler and heat it very gently..or as PJBonarrigo suggested, use raw cocoa powder.]
2. In a separate bowl, mash the avocado roughly with a fork or pastry cutter, then whisk to get the lumps out. You can use a food processor if you’d like, but I just beat the crap out of it with a hand whisk.
3. Combine the melted chocolate with the smooth avocado.
4. Add the remaining ingredients except for the peanut butter. (Measure the syrup and honey with the same spoon you used for the oil so that it slides right out.)
5. Use a spatula to force the mousse through a fine mesh strainer to seriously get any last lumps out. Then add the peanut butter.
Makes four servings--small but rich!
Top with sprinkles, fruit, or anything your heart desires.