Friday's here - woohoo!
Friday, February 08, 2013
It's Friday...woohooooooo we made it to the weekend.
If you read my "gripe" blog yesterday you know that I had one of those days where if it could go wrong it probably did. Today's much better.
I hate the weather - yesterday it was in the mid 60s and sunny. Light sweater weather. Today it's 40, windy and mostly cloudy. Dreary day.
Took my walk with my dog. It was shorter today, nothing like my long walks earlier in the week. I got way too cold. My fingers (inside my gloves) were little ice cubes, at least they felt that way. I was bundled up! I will be so glad when warm weather is here to stay - not that 113 degree weather we had last summer but the mid 70s and 80s would be heavenly.
I made me a pot of vegetable soup and had some for lunch. I don't know why but it sure warms the soul. I'm feeling much much better today. I'm just relaxing and playing games, reading a book/magazines and such today. I'll probably do some crosswords or some other puzzle to challenge my brain a bit later on. I have an afghan that I need to repair and I might do that later but otherwise I'm taking a breather today. Just relaxing and enjoying life.
Take time out of your busy schedules to just relax and enjoy the peace and solitude that's waiting for you. Get outside, weather permitting, and take a walk. The fresh air and all of nature around you will make you feel better. Do something for yourself today...something you don't normally do and enjoy it. Here are a few ideas, but you know what you'd really like:
1. Light some candles
2. Take a bubble bath (if I did I'd need the rescue squad with a fork lift to get me out of the tub and that'd be way too embarrassing but I know it'd feel nice to soak your worries away)
3. Make something different for dinner. See what you have in your pantry that goes together and just wing it. Some of my best meals have been made this way.
4. Put on your most comfy clothes - pjs, sweats, whatever and relax.
5. Watch your favorite movie or tv show.
6. Go for a walk - get some fresh air
7. Call a friend or relative you haven't talked to in a while. Reconnecting sometimes is a wonderful thing.
8. Play with your pet if you have one. My dog loves playing around and getting belly rubs or walking.
9. Write a letter to a friend. The old fashioned way. Or send them a card. Snail mail can make someone's day since it'll be a surprise.
10. Find some place and people watch. I love sitting and watching people at the Mall. I remember when I used to work at a Mall we'd go to lunch and find us a seat where we could watch people.
Have fun. Go outside your normal routine. Try something new. Relax. Sing. Dance around the house. Thank God that you are alive! Being thankful and mindful are wonderful things.
Have a fantastic Friday and enjoy your weekend.