A few changes and a few goals..
Friday, February 08, 2013
Sometimes this change in lifestyle seems exhausting and overwhelming. I feel like it is a never-ending battle of tracking my foods and making sure I have more calories out than in. Luckily.. when I start to feel overwhelmed, I back off. No, I don't stop tracking, measuring foods, and exercising.. but I do what feels right. I mentally track if I feel overwhelmed from tracking online. When I don't know the calorie content of a food (like maybe something my sister-in-law decided to cook up,) I do my best estimation of what it may be.. and measure what I think would be a serving. When I'm getting overwhelmed with exercise, I change it up. The funny part is.. I do these kinds of things now without even thinking about it. It's pretty much become a lifestyle for me instead of just a diet. I'm not saying I don't have days that I go off the deep end, but it isn't often.
I feel like so much has changed in my journey from fat to fab. Besides the weight loss of 77 pounds which is an obvious change to everyone that sees me. 262 to 185 or so at the time. Actual weigh in is Sunday so we'll see when we get there. ;-) I don't base my weight loss on a number on the scale (although I do weigh myself and keep track.) I don't force myself to avoid certain foods. I've learned not to go "all in" when I start exercising and eating healthy. I know when I force everything at once.. that is when I fail. Every other time it was a set plan "Don't eat this, this, or that.. and exercise for this length of time at the highest interval possible." I never had specific goals rather than the obvious lose weight which always led me straight to failure. Now I track foods, track exercise, motivate myself, make healthy substitutions, read success stories, read up on the things and do things that will ultimately lead me to my goals.
I have a few goals at the moment. Not as specific as I'd like them to be such as time limitations and whatnot.. but when I feel like I am getting closer I will set them up better. My goals (in no specific order).. :
1. Get into a healthy BMI (This kind of fits into a "number" for weight loss.. I'd like to be around 130-150 or so which is where it says is a normal weight range for healthy.)
2. Be able to run a 5k with my mom. I know I can walk one.. I walked 4.1 miles the other day, which is more than a 5k.
3. Be able to do at least 20 pushups at a time. Same for sit ups.
4. Be able to walk 5 miles with ease.
5. Be able to fit in single digit/letter clothing. I am in XL for shirts right now and aroung 16s or 17s for jeans. So I guess it kind of depends on my body shape when I get down there.. but at least shirts should be a single letter. :)