Be happy... and share it!
Thursday, February 07, 2013
Hello Fellow Sparks!
I have made a conscious decision today to be happy! And I wanted to bring you along on the journey. Here's how it has gone so far... and my plans for the rest of the day:
1. I am not a morning person. Usually somewhat grumpy for the first 30-60 minutes. But today, I smiled at my husband, skipped down the hall to the kitchen, and turned on music as I made breakfast! "Be happy" I told myself!
2. I chose to curl my hair and wear a (comfortable, but professional) dress to work today. With high heels. When I look pretty I feel happier!
3. I decided not to weigh myself! Because I went out to dinner last night to celebrate my son getting in to grad school and I know the sodium and excess calories that my body is not used to will have temporarily (hopefully) upped my weight on the scale. I will just not worry about it. I will weigh tomorrow after a good day today!
4. On my drive to work, I decied not to rush, take my time and go through my current list of what I am grateful for today. The list is long...
5. I said good morning very cheerfully to everyone I saw at the office this morning!
Plans for the rest of the day:
1. I have several meetings today. My plan is to listen more and speak less. And find at least one way to make the other person feel good.
2. I will go for a walk sometime in between meetings. While on my walk, I will contemplate more ways to make others feel good. There is something fun and mischievous about plotting to make others feel good. It makes you smile and it ultimate ups your happiness quotient!
3. When I get home from work, I will hug and squeeze my wonderful husband and make sure he knows how much I love and appreciate him.
4. We are driving to the White Mountains for the weekend this evening. I plan on being happy on the drive and find ways to make the drive fun! I plan on learning a couple of jokes to tell and also play with the driver like i used to when we were dating!
That's my plan for the day! What about you? What can you do today to be happy?! I'd love to hear!