I am delayed in doing my update blogs and my new goals, not to mention my report on January results! This was due to yet another flying trip to California to be with mom; I returned early Tuesday a.m. Mom did stabilize again, and I am back home and back to work.
I usually weigh in monthly on my Wii Fit which keeps a neat graph of my weight loss. But when I went to weigh in on 1/31 (one of my 3 days at home before mom’s second health crisis), the Wii Fit was not working at all. I also realized on the same day that my home computer was non-functional. The tech support guy who fixed my computer said the power cord was fried and I most likely had a huge power surge that burned out my surge protector while I was away. I may try to see if the Wii can be repaired, but in the meantime I bought a digital weight scale at CostCo.
I stopped tracking on my Spark weight tracker about a year ago, because I had entered my weight with results at the doctor’s office; then for a few months updated with my old scales (GREAT weight loss but I think those scales weren’t accurate); changed to the Wii (which gave me a nice weight and BMI graph). And now I have a new set of scales altogether. With the prior 3 changes, my weight varied considerably with each scale. So – weight results may vary!
Current weight: I gained 1.7 pounds.
I was doing great with my January goals for the first three weeks. Then travel, stress due to mom’s critical illness and her heart attacks, and illness intervened. So I give myself an A for January 1-22; and I am being kind to myself and giving myself a “excused” for the last week of January and first week of February. I didn’t track food for those two weeks when I was travelling, I ate out every meal, and I didn’t exercise when I was sick.
Goals for February beginning today, February 6:
1. Work on improving sleep and reducing energy drink consumption AGAIN. Sleep was disrupted do to the crisis and I started to drank diet energy drinks to try and make it through the days.
2. Limit alcohol to no more than 2 drinks per week (I met this goal in January)
3. Track all food intake (achieved for the first 3 weeks in January; I started again as of today)
4. Exercise daily at least 10 minutes. By February 15 (when I hope to be completely recovered from bronchitis), start cross country skiing again and taking Zumba, which are my higher intensity activities
5. Stretch at least 3 times per week
6. Lose 3 pounds by the end of February
These are more limited goals but they are achievable! I can do this even if I get another crisis call that I have to fly to California. (I can modify the cross country skiing and Zumba to hiking the hills if I am in Calif.)