Where's Nemo? I think we know where he is. He's on the eastern seaboard and here he comes in the form of a Nor'Easter named Nemo.
Already the stores are having a hard time keeping up with shelves that are constantly needing to be re-stocked. How is my family preparing for the upcoming Apocolypse? Last night I spent 90 minutes hauling around a half a cord of wood from the yard to the deck so it wouldn't get buried under 2' of snow. It was a great workout! Today and tomorrow the final preparations below will be done:
1. Stop at the store for a few healthy snacks to get through
(my pantry and freezer is already stocked with bottled water, canned goods, meats, and basic staples).
2. Stop at the liquor store and grab a couple bottles of wine for the weekend. Yes, I do plan on a little glass or two.
3. Re-stock the woodbox inside the house for the woodstove.
4. Take the snow shovel, roof rake, and snow shoes out of the garage and place on the front porch. Why the snow shoes you ask? Well, when we are done with the shovelling workout, I want to hit the woods behind my house for a fun trek with my daughter.
5. Fill the gas tank in the car in case we need to get out in an emergency. Also, make sure I have cash on hand in case of power outages.
6. Double check all flashlights to make sure they are working, the candle drawer to make sure there are enough, and be certain the car emergency kit is in order.
5. Take out our favorite card game, Fill or Bust, and a board game or two for an evening of family games.
After all is in place, kick back and enjoy my family and the snow. I do love a good blizzard!!!