Quick Blog Night
Wednesday, February 06, 2013
I am tired and achy tonight. After being told I am getting a new student, I felt really weary yesterday. Today one of my studeents came in and was just not feeling well - as a mom and a teacher, all I had to do was look in his eyes to know he wasn't well. He told me he threw up last night and his throat hurt, by 10:30 he was runnning a fever of 102.4. I called to send him home and they said, "We were just leaving to pick him up for a doctor's appointment." What kind of idiot sends a kid who NEVER complains to school when he is obviously very sick? I know what kind, but I am ANGRY about it. This is a residential facility that has staff available 24/7 but they are too lazy to take care of a sick kid. Instead they send him to school to expose all the other skids and us adults to STREPP THROAT. We have another student from the same facility we sent home last week with the SAME situation - looking at him, you could SEE he was sick, he whined, fell asleep, and cried when swallowing - we notified them and they sent him back the next day and picked him up in the middle of the day and GUESS WHAT . . . STREPP THROAT. I am worried because although I am super vigilant about taking garlic, zinc, and all my vitaminns - I am also VERY susceptible to STREpP and upper respiratory illnesses. Then, I come home and Ed is not feeling well and is pretty whiny himself.
Now, having gotten my WHINE over with, maybe I should buy some cheese to go with it.
On to happier things - I am still showing progress - eatingg heallthy and sticking to my program - still not needing P A I N meds and my blod sugars are still REALLY good even with the lower dosage of in sulin.
Some thoughts that have come to my mind recently that might spark a flame for someone else --
1. Frozen fruits are really tasty and good in all sorts of different dishes - makes winter meal plannning almost feel like spring is going to come SOON
2. Buying one or two fresh veggies can also make winter meals taste more BRIGHT and fresh
3. Soups warm from the inside out and can also make you lesss likely to eat tooo much at your meal.
4. Soup or salad can help fill you up for minimal cals when taken 15 minutes before your meal - my father always ate one or the other before his dinner and he NEVER had a problem with his wt.
5. Planned snacks make sense and also help spread your cals over the day and keep you on track
6. Eating slowly and chewing each biite thoroughly also helps you feel full and lesss likely to eat toooo much.
7. Don't waste cals on drinks - when I used to drinkk soda, milk, juice, etc., I could drop 10 pounds in a week or two JUST QUITTING DRINKING ANYTHING BUT WATER - It has been so long since I habitually drank much of anything but water and/or green tees, so it no longer works for ME.
8. Fiber is our friend - fills you up, keeps you regular, and also improves wt losss
9. Taking the time to unwind and DE - stress BEFORE you eat is likely to result in more MINDFUL eating and less chance of poor choices made in the heat of the moment.
10. Always PLAN for treats to fit into YOUR plan - this is YOUR LIFE and you should NOT feel deprived or bored with your mealss. Make them special - use candles on the table, use clloth nappkins, use nappkin holders, even the kids will love it.