So, according to myself and a few of my fellow Sparklers, February has begun as a bit of a slogfest weight loss wise ... and it's downright BUMMING US OUT!!!
But I've decided that admitting defeat or reclaiming my old, tired, no longer useful (as if it ever was useful) defeatist mind and attitude is just soooooo NOT an option anymore!!! I mean, honestly, really - there ain't nothing to do - but to DO IT! Remember Nike's coined adage, "JUST DO IT!" Well, that's it - I have only to KEEP doing what I've been doing for the past 9 weeks (by following the IP Protocol and staying positive in my thinking) and SUCCESS IS MINE, GUARANTEED! BECAUSE I AM WORTHY OF LIVING MY HEART'S TRUEST DESIRE ... AND SO ARE YOU!!!
So, I've chosen to combat the growling, doubting Thomas murmurings of my decrepit and attention starved defeatist mind with straight up positivity and inspiration!!! So, I went snooping here on SparkPeople, reading people's posts and pages to get re-energized and inspired and on YouTube, too! And it WORKED!!! Following are 3 really great YouTube videos:
The first is by one of my "Done Girl" Spark Teammates, Wolfkitty, who's lost 100 pounds and counting!!!! WOO HOOO!!! Her video is so cute and infectious you can't help but be inspired and catch the FEVER!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
After watching WolfKitty's video, I came across Beautiful Black Babydoll's Video - this video speaks of her personal transformation and she is FIERCE,! Really empowered, excited and exciting. She's also lost 100 lbs and kept it off for 5 years! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
And then this video by Sierra Goodman who has such soothing and relaxing music on her video that while I watched her pics and read her story I just felt my entire body relax and unclench, which was VERY NECESSARY! (Remember, stress can keep us from losing weight, too, among too many other nasty things - so DE-STRESS, YA'LL)http://www.youtube.com/w
Also at the end of Sierra's video she sends you to her web page (www.iam-iam-iam.com) where she shares the weight loss program that she created which is based upon positive thinking and the laws of attraction. I'm actually really tempted to order her e-book because it's clear that in order to truly make this a lasting life change my mind, body and Spirit has to be of one accord.
In the last few weeks, I've taken up the practice of reaching out and seeking inspiration from others who have journeyed and succeeded in changing their bodies and lives. I used to avoid watching and reading any stories like this because it would depress me. Now I am inspired. Why?
1. Because I'm not just reading about it - I'm LIVING those changes, too! I've committed my thought, action and deeds to the same revolutionary journey so I no longer feel left behind, looking on from the sidelines, and
2. I now realize that EVERYONE who has and is making this journey to redesign their lives and bodies for the better are doing so with great personal effort to change. To release past, confining and limited views of themselves - ourselves - MYSELF - takes a concerted effort to cast off old, albeit familiar, concepts and the vision of myself as FAT, encumbered, and unable to lose the weight. Instead, I ... WE MUST BELIEVE IN THE POSSIBLE!
Each of us on this incredible journey to not just lose the physical weight but the mental and emotional baggage, HAVE TO TRUST in our own personal greatness. Even if we've been out of touch with that part of ourselves for a long time. We have to, in some small way, begin by remembering the glimmer of that beautiful healthy, energized, lean and fit person/spark within and then trust that with care, attention and focus it WILL become a glorious FLAME!!!
Thus, DAILY I will commit to:
* Seeking out Inspiration.
* Inspiring someone else who's feeling down and needs it.
* Watching/Reading and/or Creating something that reminds me of just how
BEAUTIFUL AND GORGEOUS AND COURAGEOUS I AM RIGHT NOW as I
journey towards my goal.
* Celebrate ALL ALONG THE WAY my successes in thinking and feeling
differently about myself along with the lost inches and pounds. IT'S ALL
* Loving the process, this journey, even if I don't really feel it - I commit to
FAKING IT UNTIL I MAKE IT!
PLEASE JOIN ME IN THESE DAILY COMMITMENTS & ADD TO THE LIST!
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS, WORTHY & DESERVING OF CHANGING YOUR BODY AND LIFE! YOU DESERVE IT ALL!!!
I LOVE YOU BEAUTIFUL SPARKLERS!!! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR HELPING ME SAVE ... AND CHANGE ... MY LIFE!!!