Wednesday, February 06, 2013
February 6, 2013
1. Called about Jack the cat. Called a number that was in the newspaper about a lost cat. The woman found her cat, so it wasn't Jack.
2. Worked at fixing volume on desktop computer. My son had put the speakers wire into the wrong place, fixed that. This took up a lot of time.
3. Took recyclables, scrap paper to be burned and dirty laundry to the basement and put them where them where they belong
4. Sorted dirty laundry
5. Pretreated stains
6. Washed a load of whites
7. Gave Crellie water in a clean bowl
8. Washed Brita pitcher and put in new filter
9. Copied a recipe for laundry stain pre-treater
When you have a stubborn spot you want to remove, make a paste of 1 part Dawn dishwashing liquid, and 2 parts hydrogen peroxide. Add a little baking soda to make a paste. You don't even have to mix it together before you apply it to the stain. Often I just pour everything directly on the stain and rub it in. This solution works best if you scrub it in to the fabric and let it sit for at least an hour before you wash it.
It said not to make it and let it sit because hydrogen peroxide becomes ineffective if exposed to sunlight.
I also saw a tip the other day for making hard boiled eggs in the oven and will be hunting for that one.
I have been forgetting to spin the wheel for Spark Points. Maybe today I will remember to do that.