Wednesday, February 06, 2013
Today is day two... I woke up this morning and felt like I had been on it a week already, lol! I thought, "I should jump on the scale, it's been a few days, let's see what's going on" and then I realized that only 1 day had passed. LOL. I'm such a goofball.
Even though I'm only halway through my second day I'm getting a feel for the program. I've noticed some good things and some bad things.
- I always seem to be hungry. Food just seems to go through me, I'll eat and an hour or 2 later I'll be really hungry again. I'll eat a snack, and then an hour later I'm hungry again. So I definitely need to look up some fiber rich foods and snacks so that my hunger is staved off more. I also need to buy more fruits and veggies to snack on. When I joined the program on Monday night I had just gone shopping on Sunday and had some fruits and veggies already, but I'm burning through them and need more variety. I'll be picking some up after work today.
- The planning ahead is going to be a bit difficult since I live with family and we all take turns cooking and the menu changes all the time. I'll need to make sure to have enough points left over, or always have a back up substitute in case it's needed.
- Completely un-WW related, but I'm having a difficult time with some snacks, only because on other plans or in other healthy circles they are considered good for you, and with WW they have point values, so I am used to being able to grab a hanful of nuts without thinking about it when I'm hungry, but now I have to rethink it. Again, not WW related, I just need to get my brain used to this program and off of the others.
- I can eat what I want! (for the most part, hehe). I don't see how the heck I'm going to lose any weight, but we'll see I guess. For example, right now I'm heading a buffalo chicken calzone. It's delicious... yummy! But it also cost me a whooping 13 points! But to make up for it all my snacks today are 0 points. Balance is key!
- The tools I have (that I had to pay extra for) make it fun and easier. I don't know how someone without the tools would be able to handle WW with a busy schedule.
- Again, not WW related, but the program isn't too far off what I was already doing, in the sense that some of the habits I already had down, or was already buying healthy food, etc. I went grocery shopping before signing up for WW and I can still eat everything I bought. I already planned out my meals (not as carefully) and packed my meals at night, etc.
All in all, so far so good (in a day and a half, hehe). I just can't wait to see what happens further into the week. I think after my first weigh in I'll feel lots better. After I see the scale go down, knowing what I ate, and seeing that the program will work, I think I'll feel better. Right now I just feel a bit stressed thinking that I'm eating food, even though I'm watching my points and such, and don't see how I can lose weight eating it. I guess that's just my other diets/routines mentality, and my weigh in should make or break it.
I hope you're all having a super sparktastic day!!