So many times in my life, trouble has come in waves like an avalanche that the good can seem like it only pops up on the radar once in a while. These last few weeks have been different. It seems like I got really "lucky" recently but in reality, what people call luck is really the result of preparation intersecting with opportunity. I have noticed that I always act on my hearts desire and I have desired starting some sort of weight loss support group and doing presentations for a very long time.
It seems like everything I have done has revolved around it in one form or another whether I realized it or not.
I have also wanted to write in the worst way because it has been a vehicle of expression for me and I have always seemed to have a talent for it. Now opportunities have arisen on both fronts and I couldn't be happier. I am going to be the architect of the entire program. I can put my creativity in to the presentations, multimedia, videos...everything... it is mine to make it what I want it to be. Once I get the first session designed, I will be presenting it to the manager and some trainers for critique as well as to give them as feel for where I am headed with this. So far, there is a high level of excitement and support and I know if I can create what I have envisioned, it will be a big hit.
In the last few weeks I went from struggling with night shift, SAD related depression to:
1) Having gained approval for teaching a weight loss seminar. If it takes off, it has the potential of being done in other locations as well.
2) Having a platform from which to start some running / training groups.
3) Being able to be a certified trainer and operate like one, not just on paper only.
4) Having an article published on a major endurance sports web site within the next 2 months- (will link to it once it comes out)
5) Living in an overwhelming environment of affirmation and validation of all that I have done so far and finally realizing that it means something. I can now take my struggles and use them to really help someone.
6) Gaining the upper hand on the depressive and anxiety issues that have kept me on a roller coaster. I'll do a separate blog on this since the solutions were totally med-free. So much of the issue was triggered by the constant disruption in the circadian rhythm due to the rotating schedule that I work. This is not opinion, this is fact. Working shift work without awareness in dealing with this issue is disaster. It took about 5 years of it but I finally crashed and burned and sought help... good for me!! I finally got smart.
It is good to live in a place of hope and anticipation.
Find me on Facebook...