Marathon training update and today's top running songs
Tuesday, February 05, 2013
So I just began week 5 of marathon training yesterday, and so far, so good. I ran 126+ miles in January, my highest mileage month since last August, and augmented it with stationary bike and walking.
I have dropped 3 lbs so far in 2013 against a 10 lb goal. I have also exercised at least 30 minutes each day in 2013.
Yesterday's 4 mile treadmill run was followed by 8 miles of hills today. The 8 miler consisted of 6 hills, 941 feet of elevation gain and an average 9:12 min/mile pace over snowy, slushy and icy sidewalks. The rest of week five's runs
are a 6 mile race pace run Thursday, 3 easy miles Friday and a 13 mile long run Saturday.
I don;t always run with music but I was glad I did today. My favorite songs from today's run were:
* "La Grange" by ZZ Top
* "You Can't Touch This" by M.C. Hammer
* "Under Pressure" by David Bowie and Queen
* "Cool Sunshine" by Gorillaz
* "10,000 Beats per Minute" by Beck
* "You Just Haven't Earned it Yet Baby" by The Smiths
* "Learning to Fly' by Foo Fighters
* "Let There Be Rock" by AC/DC