Tuesday, February 05, 2013
ďIf you donít like something, change it. If you canít change it, change your attitude. Donít complain.Ē ~Maya Angelou
Three happy things:
1. I woke up this morning
2. Itís not forecasted to snow today so I wonít have to shovel the driveway again!
3. Cell phone ring tones
At the end of Sunday night my FitBit happily reported I had over 15,000 steps for the day and went to sleep. Monday morning it never woke up.
Why am I trying to get healthy? So that never happens to meÖÖÖor at least that doesnít happen to me for a VERY long time.
Yesterday was a fairly good day. I ate within calories (very top of the range), drank my water, and shoveled the driveway and sidewalk for about 90 minutes last night (yes we have a big driveway and sidewalk). I donít know that I believe the SP calories for shoveling. We had about 4 -5 inches of very light snow. It was pretty much walking with a little bit of lifting. Hard to believe it burned as many calories as they said, but it had to get done and it did burn some calories. I also got in over 10,000 steps yesterday, which was pretty good since I didnít replace the battery in my FitBit until lunch time.
Yesterday was the 100th day of kindergarten and I got to take my son into school (along with his collection of 100 things). The teachers made a really big deal about it and they had a lot of fun.
My goal for this week is FOCUS. I need to focus on doing what Iím doing when Iím supposed to do it. When Iím with the kids, focus on them and not work or thinking about other tasks. When Iím in a meeting for work, I need to focus on the work. I need to spend less time on SP during the day and more time on work. My projects at work are starting to pile on and I need to kick it into the next gear to avoid the stress of deadlines.
February goals Ė yesterdayís tracking
1. Log into SP, track, SparkCoach - done
2. Maintain streaks - done
3. Burned about 600 calories (half of what SP calculated)
4. 10,000 steps per day: 10,082
5. 100 push-ups program Ė on hold until my wrist improves
6. Weekly goal: FOCUS
Health Progress YTD
1. Eat within calories (streak 29 days; 33 of 35 days this month)
2. Cardio (streak 40 days; 35 of 35 days this month)
3. Drink water (streak 26 days; 35 of 35 days this month)
4. Wear pedometer and track steps (streak 94 days; 35 of 35 days this month)