Monday, February 04, 2013
1. People who walk faster tend to have lower levels of body fat and lower blood pressure.
2. One pound of muscle occupies about 20% less space than one pound of fat!
3. It takes a 3500 calorie deficit to lose 1 pound.
4. The average person can store 500 grams of glycogen.
5. Muscle does not weigh more than fat Ė itís just denser than it.
6. The more muscle mass you have, the more calories you burn at rest.
7. Eating healthy is not more expensive than a junk food diet.
8. Thereís a high correlation between the fitness level of the people close to you, and your own physical fitness.
9. You donít need a gym membership to strength train.
10. Sex burns 25.7 calories per minute.
11. Consistency and patience are key to long term successful weight loss.