11 interesting fitness facts.
Monday, February 04, 2013
1. People who walk faster tend to have lower levels of body fat and lower blood pressure.
2. One pound of muscle occupies about 20% less space than one pound of fat!
3. It takes a 3500 calorie deficit to lose 1 pound.
4. The average person can store 500 grams of glycogen.
5. Muscle does not weigh more than fat – it’s just denser than it.
6. The more muscle mass you have, the more calories you burn at rest.
7. Eating healthy is not more expensive than a junk food diet.
8. There’s a high correlation between the fitness level of the people close to you, and your own physical fitness.
9. You don’t need a gym membership to strength train.
10. Sex burns 25.7 calories per minute.
11. Consistency and patience are key to long term successful weight loss.