Winter 5% Challenge Commitments
Monday, February 04, 2013
So, Iíve joined the Winter 5% Challenge, and am looking forward to learning what team I will be on. My goals and commitments for this particular challenge are, first of all, to exchange encouragement, ideas and WooHoos with my team mates and with the wider 5% community. I am very much looking forward to some lively interactions!
As preparation, weíve been assigned to establish a plan to achieve our 5% weight loss in the 8-week challenge. For me, it will look something like this:
1. Continue weight training 3 X per week, and do cardio daily starting with 10 minutes per day. Cardio will be on the stationary bike, aquafitness, or any other cardio my body can handle at this early stage of reintroduction.
2. I will strive to eat nutritious and balanced meals while keeping on the second round of an elimination diet. I already know that some things are not my friends (gluten, onions, garlic) and some things are fine (citrus, most meats, fish and shellfish, most fruit and veg).
3. I will do my meal planning for shorter terms (2-3 days) instead of a week or more at a time, which doesnít seem to work well at this point in our lives.
4. I will participate in and track all Weekly Weigh Ins, Living the Good Life Points, and Daily Fitness Minutes to support my team.
5. Tackle my issue with sleep, or lack thereof.
6. I will check in on my direct team members and on the wider 5% community to encourage, learn, support, and generally enjoy the company!
So thatís it in a nutshell for me!