Monday, February 04, 2013
Ok, it has been soooooo long since I have posted a blog! I have been up and down, but mostly up except for a 2+ week period this past month where I became a SLUG!!!! I wasn't an unhappy slug, just lazy (let's put it in real terms.....I ate junk, and watched TV, and the most exercise I got was walking from the chair to the frig! But I now choose to think of that period as a large BLIP!
Let's look at what I've done since my last blog in October!
- stuck to diet and exercise from July to end of December
- lost 24 lbs.
- was in Chicago for 10 days babysitting my LGD middle of October.
- flew back to Chicago the beginning of November
- went on a river cruise on the Danube River for 8 days
- stayed in Chicago until end of November
- came home for 2 weeks
- flew to Philly for 2 weeks until beginning of January
During that time I didn't gain any weight back until this past month when the slug-fest began.
Soooo, I look at that as not too bad. And to top it off, I didn't really beat myself up about it. But, it's time to get back on the horse and off the couch!
I started back at the gym last week, and have been more motivated to eat better again. I put 7 pounds back on, but I know it will come off quickly. I'm going to try to lose at least some of it before the Winter Challenge starts.
My goals for the winter Challenge are:
- Stay between 1200-1400 healthy calories per day
- Exercise at the gym, swimming, and strength training 5 days/week, and walk with friends on the weekend.
- Track my exercise and food daily......I had no idea how hard it would be to get back to tracking my food once I stopped. Aaarghhhh.........but I can do it!
- Lose my 5% during the challenge! that will be 11 pounds. I can do it!
Hey, I'm happy, and so glad I have great family and friends who support me and love me no matter what I weigh. I just want to be healthier so I can continue to do whatever I want to do and not be hindered by being overweight! (ok, obese!) Gosh, I hate that word, but am looking forward to someday being JUST RIGHT!
Have a great week everyone, and hope all your good wishes come true!