Sleep journal for Sun 3rd - Mon 4th
Monday, February 04, 2013
What time are you lying down to go to sleep?
What was your bedtime routine?
- Some reading with a mug of cocoa.
What did you last eat tonight? (Include type, amount, and time you ate.)
- I ate a red pepper like an apple, and a little walnut cake, at 23:05. I know, naughty.
Did you exercise today? (Include the type, duration, and time of day if you exercised.)
- None, unless you include a leisurely stroll around town.
Did you consume any caffeinated drinks or foods today, or any alcoholic drinks? (Include type, number, and time of day.)
- An iced coffee at lunch time.
What types of stressors did you encounter today, and what types do you expect to encounter tomorrow?
- None today, though I'm very busy tomorrow. Not stressed, but feeling like I'm juggling a few too many balls in the air. I guess you could say I had the same thing tonight; I'm not stressed, but spent about an hour budgeting and working on to-do lists and such before my 30 minute wind-down.
How hungry did you feel today? (1- Not hungry, 2- Normal hunger, 3- Strong hunger, 4- Extreme hunger)
- 1.5 I guess. I had some cravings but wasn't really "hungry" and have eaten surprisingly little....
How awake did you feel today? (1- Exhausted, 2- Somewhat tired, 3- Fairly alert, 4- Wide awake)
- 3 - A little tired, I guess, but pretty perky.
How irritable did you feel today? (1- Calm, 2- Slightly annoyed, 3- Moderately irritable, 4- Highly irritable)
- 1. Nice and chilled out.
How long did it take you to fall asleep last night?
- About 20 minutes I think.
How many times did you wake during the night?
- I didn't.
What time did you wake up today?
How many hours of sleep did you get?
- 7:05 roughly
What mood did you wake up in?
- A bit groggy.
- I know I had one, but I don't remember now what it was. Nothing bad, I don't think.
What quality was your sleep (according to the SleepCycle Iphone app)?
All in all, not a bad night, and I'm doing a pretty good job of sticking to my plans for the night/day. I've been thinking that this morning, even though I have a jog penciled in, I'm going to skip it; weight loss and health are both important to me, but this time in the morning is also needed for planning the day ahead, which I was unable to complete last night. It needs doing; the 5k training will still be there on Wednesday morning. Boyfriend also pointed out that I had actually done Week 1 Day 1 twice, rather than moving on the Day 2, but also pointed out that if I'm struggling with Day 1 (which I did the second time) I can just keep doing that until it gets easier, then move on to Day 2 even if it's actually 6 weeks later. I can't fault the logic I suppose, so I'll give that a shot.
I did 30 minutes of the Wii last night; I've found the hula hooping game really does something to me! I guess maybe it's 'cause I do bellydance, so when I do a hula circle I'm actually doing a big-@ss hip circle, which engages all the muscles from the upper abs to the knees. I'm not sure, but either way, I get something from it, so I really pushed myself last night to do double the normal hula workout...and boy did I feel it afterwards! So I did something good at least :-D
My plans for the day include budgeting, housework, and catching up on some school-related stuff. All fun.