This blog is meant to review and revise (if needed). Here are the Goals I set in the beginning of January:
1) lose 35/40 lbs (whatever feels right when I get there)
2) develop a more positive personality/energy
3) live well, enjoying my family, my fitness, and my life
1) allow positive choices to be comfortable rather than forced
2) change the "diet" mentality that expects all or nothing fast changes
3) find the right carb/fat ratio for my body (pay attention to the journal and any linked results)
1) exercise at least 10 minutes a day
2) work up to 8 glasses of water per day
3) make small, but positive choices more and more often
Here's the review: I've done super well with the exercise. I've only missed one day in about 45! 8 glasses of water proves hard for me - some days I make it, some not. A key seems to be drinking water before coffee in the morning. I would say I am making positive choices more often but not consistently yet. However, they are becoming more comfortable overall and I would say I'm doing well on changing the "diet" mentality.
So the overall picture is I see some progress. Slow, but noticeable. As for my long range goals, I have lost 4 of the 30-40 pounds and I feel more positive energy overall. I don't think I want to revise any goals right now, but I want to focus on making all three short term goals consistent by the end of the month.
FYI: I found this pretty helpful. Noticing my progress, even though it isn't dramatic, is helpful.
P.S. to my myself for next review: consider a strength training goal since you hate that!