Sunday, February 03, 2013
Technically I started this change Lifestyle Journey on 1/6/2013, but I count today as my 1 Month Anniversary, because I want to keep Sunday as my Monthly CheckIn dates.
So, that being said- what was my results for 1 full month of Sparking, Pushing, Challenging, and Loving myself into a better lifestyle.
1. I went from 192-178.8-- that is a total of 13.2 Lbs! This took my BMI from a 33 to a 30.7, only .8 more will have me in a new category of Healthy!!
2. I have lost a total of 2 inches in my waist, 3.5 inches in my hips, a half of inch in my chest, 1.5 inches in my thigh. That is a total of 7 inches off my entire body!! That almost seems unbelievable.
3. I have learned LOTS of tips and techniques for allowing myself my small cravings. For example, when I want Mac and Cheese- I added One tablespoon to some scrambled eggs and turkey. Made me feel I was enjoy my yummy goodness and not feel deprived but really feeding my body a nice protein choice.
4. I have my husband on board and he has ALSO lost 12.2 pounds this month.
5. My KIDS are eating better. We have moved any 'treats' in our house to another pantry and are using the PLATE method for feeding them (1/4 meat, 1/4 grain, 1/2 veggie. 1 dairy product on the side). We have gotten rid of "dessert" every night- and they only get treats/dessert on the weekend.
6. We are being Conscious about how to have healthy lives- We are moving in Feb/March and in our move we are working ahead to design a Healthy kitchen, planting a Garden (even recruited a garden partner), and setting aside space for a Home Gym.
We still have growing to do- ie. my husband brought home two bags of Cheetos when getting our weekend kid treat (grrrrr), but we Are improving and this Monthly Check=In is a powerful reminder of just how much! It took little health sins along the way to get to where we were and it will take little health Victories to get us back on track, but looking back on our first 30 days I am very proud of all of us.
My goals for Feb are to
1. Maintain Momentum by Continuing to be so consistent with my food choices.
2. Be more consistent this month with exercise. I have been All over the place with it.