Sunday, February 03, 2013
Yesterday I graded my progress towards January goals and gave myself an ďF.Ē Whoah, not good! This was based on my failure to fully achieve even one of my 4 goals, and on most of them, barely 50%. But today I decided that maybe that was unfair and I appealed the grade and asked myself for a review of that dismal assessment. Upon further consideration, I decided to raise the grade to a D, based on my ability to self-correct, figure out what I am doing wrong and CHANGE IT.
Oh and I lost two pounds overnight, that may have influenced the grade change a little.
In all seriousness, I want to achieve my goals this month, and I think that means setting more achievable goals, but also pushing harder to get there. I think I may need to back off a little on the cardio, especially since I want to focus more on strength training. Sometimes there just isnít time. Same with blogging every day, some days I just canít fit it in. But I do think it makes a difference in keeping myself on course, mostly because when I set it as a goal and Iím NOT doing it, thereís usually something Iím avoiding.
So here are my goals for February:
1. Blog twice a week, to check in, track progress and see if there is anything stressful going on that I need to deal with.
2. Track calories and stay under my goal of 1550 for six days out of seven every week, with adult beverages not more than once a week. This is a little less stringent than last month, and takes into account a known trigger for going over my calories. So, it should be achievable.
3. Cardio 3 times a week: walking, running, elliptical or spin. Get access to the gym at work so I can fit it at lunch if Iím not able to work out in the morning.
4. Do some kind of strength training 3 times a week, with a goal of determining by the end of the month whether the New Rules of Strength Training for Women program will work for me. To do that, I will check with my physical therapist and make sure she thinks my knee is up to it. I also need to set up the tracking chart for the first stage.
5. Continue to track my weight every Saturday, measurements are optional.
Iím looking forward to a better month. I donít think it will be easy Ėbut because I wonít surprised, Iíll be better prepared to face the ups and downs without relapsing into negative patterns like I did last month.
Good luck to all my Sparkfriends with your goals this month and always!