Saturday, February 02, 2013
I figured out why I have been so whiny for the past couple days. it is TOM, and it is -1 with the wind chill today. Those two things may not seem connected. but my solution for monthly crankiness is to get outside and walk. With the temps so frigid that long, calming walk just isn't going to happen. Oh well. I will take my two active recovery days today and tomorrow and practice gratitude. I have a lot to be grateful for, I just have to remind myself at times. I thought to start this reflection on gratitude with a short list, that usually helps. Here goes...
1. I still have both my parents
2. I am basically healthy
3. I have a warm place to sleep
4. I have a funny, crazy dog who loves me
5. I have a computer that works
6. My body can do most of the things I ask it to do
7. I have plenty of healthy food to eat
8. I'm definitely not rich, but I have enough money to survive
9. I have an interesting family
10. The Groundhog didn't see his shadow!!
See, I CAN find a silver lining!