Happy Ground Hog Day (for real)!
Saturday, February 02, 2013
My schedule is so messed up that I thought yesterday was ground hog day. Sorry if I confused anyone else. Today is also my niece's birthday. Yesterday was a big day for her. She was awarded a Hero's medal for having saved the life of a child in a cougar attack. So proud of her.
Yay, warmer temperatures, only minus 2 today! Hopefully some of that snow will start to melt a bit, giving me more room to pile snow when it snows again! I will try to remember to take a picture or two so that you can see my snow banks.
My floors are driving me crazy...I hate yucky floors and with having the dog here and her running in and out multiple times a day, my floors are not clean. I can't get down on my hands and knees right now to wash them so having to make do with a mop, which never seems to clean as well as I like. Siggghh. Oh well.
Sage was a very bad girl yesterday while I was a work. She literally chewed my apple tree to piece. She has a wood fetish and anything wood she loves to chew on. I almost cried when Garry texted me at work to tell me. That poor little tree was doing so well. Now if I can only keep her away from my other apple tree and pear tree. Looks like we might be planting a new apple tree this spring. Garry scared the heck out of me when he texted me yesterday as only part of the message appeared on the screen as I open the phone, I had to scroll down to see the rest of the message. First part that I saw said " I have bad news, the dog killed....." OMG, the first thing that ran through my mind was "the cat", then " the squirrel, that lives in our back trees" and I'm thinking that I'm going to be dealing with all this as Garry has a broken leg. Then I scroll down to see the rest of the message " your apple tree entirely". Ok, ok, I can laugh about it now, but at the time my heart almost stopped and I was sick to my stomach. I'm not happy about my apple tree, but it can easily be replaced.
My thank yous:
1. Thank you for warmer temperatures that mean I can get outdoors and clean off the driveway and back and front decks without freezing. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Thank you for being able to laugh at ourselves, life's too short to take things so seriously. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. Thank you for the kind (unknown) neighbor that so kindly used their snowblower to clean the sidewalks the other night when it snowed. It saved me a lot of work yesterday morning before I had to head for work. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Please bless their kindness.
4. Thank you for helping me to get my computer drivers etc. upgraded on my own, saving me having to take it into the have someone else do it.(Although I have to figure out what I did that has made the spin for points wheel disappear on my Spark page) Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Thank you for the this weekend that allows me time to do my housework and get caught up on all the chores. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. Thank you for being able to sleep in to almost 7 this morning. I needed the sleep. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. Thank you Lord that all our needs are met and help me to continue to be a wise steward of all that I have. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. Garry's appointment to see the specialist has been postponed until the 19th of this month, thank you that it was not a last minute change. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. Thank you for my brave niece and her courageous heart. Bless her today on her birthday. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. Thank you for Spark People and this avenue to stay supported and challenged. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful Silly Saturday...let laughter be the sound you hear from yourself today.