Well I did well for part of the month. Unfortunately not enough to lose any sort of weight. I had sort of a mid-month break down. I was tired and doing too much. But I fixed that by taking time off last weekend and now I feel great. So I didn't really meet my goals very well:
- Stay in calorie range 6-7 days a week by controlling my portions, only allowing myself desserts if there is space in my diet available, cooking and planning in advance - met for about 2 1/2 weeks, really need to do it for the whole month!
- Avoid snacks at work - improved but not completely
-Avoid snacks and treats that I don't REALLY want - still a work in progress
- Track everything - this goes fine until I eat like crap, then I don't want to know so I don't record it :-(
- Learn to use fitbit to eat within a realistic calorie range for my level of activity that specific day - met most days when I am tracking
- Add more incidental exercise by aiming for 10,000 steps a day minimum
I'd like to keep my February goals roughly the same. I also wanted to add in that I really need to stick to my half marathon plan. I am finding the interval and tempo runs really hard to stick with in the heat and humidity. Hopefully it might cool off soon. So February goals are:
- stick to my half marathon plan and don't get down on myself if I don't reach pace goals
- stay in calorie range 6 days a week - fitbit determined
- avoid snacks at work unless I really want them
- Track everything even if I'm eating like crap
- do my physio exercises every other day or every third day
- increase veggies and protein
Hopefully this will lead to results.
I did have one good NSV in Jan. My husband bought me this dress for my birthday: www.modcloth.com/shop/dr
and I got a medium but was worried it would be tight after reading the reviews. It fits perfectly :-) I can't wait to wear it out for a fancy dinner in Sydney on thursday.