This pattern is the same as the last pattern except for the outer edge.
When you choose the size of your thread remember that the smaller the thread the smaller the knots will be. Be sure that the embroidery needle will be able to fit through the knots.
Fray Stop (optional)
ds double stitch
RW reverse work
cl close ring
Start with central clover leaf.
1. R 5ds, p, ds for 9 picots, 5ds, cl.
2. R 5ds, j to last p of first ring, p, ds for 12 picots, 5ds, cl.
3. R 5ds, j to last p of second ring, p ds 8x (eight times), 5ds, cl.
4. RW ch 6ds, p, 3ds, for 6 p, (correction) 6ds.
5. RW R 3ds, p, 3ds, join to 5th picot of last clover ring, 3ds, p, 3ds, close.
6. RW chain 3ds, p, 3ds.
7. RW R 3ds, join to last picot of previous small ring, 3ds, join to 6th picot of clover leaf.
8. RW chain 3ds, p, 3ds.
9. RW ring 3ds, join to 3rd picot of large central clover leaf, 3ds, p, 3ds, close.
10. RW chain 3ds, p, 3ds.
11. RW R 4ds, join to last picot of previous small ring, 3ds, skip one picot of central clover leaf and join to next picot, 7ds, cl.
12. RW chain 3ds, p, 3ds.
13. Bottom Ring 10ds, skip one picot of central clover leaf and join to next picot, 10ds, cl.
14. Now finish second half by reversing previous instructions from step 12 to step 5.
15. Chain 3ds, p, 3ds for 5 picots.
3ds, join to first picot of first chain, 5ds.
With shuttle thread continuous to ball thread, join to first picot on first chain of inner heart.
1. R 3ds, j to 1st picot on central heart, 2ds, j to 1st picot on other side, 3ds, cl.
2. RW, chain 7ds.
3. RW, R 5ds, skip one picot on inner heart and join to next one, 5ds, cl.
4. RW, chain 13ds.
5. RW, R 5ds, skip one picot and join to next one, 5ds, cl.
6. RW chain 20ds.
7. RW, R 5ds, join to next picot, 5ds, cl.
8. RW, chain 15ds.
9. repeat step 7.
10. RW, chain 9ds.
11. repeat step 7.
12. repeat steps 10 and 7.
13. RW, ch 5ds, 3 picots (to form point make the first and last picots shorter than the second picot), 5ds. This makes the bottom point of the heart.
14. Repeat steps 12 through 2 in reverse order.
15. Back at starting place tie and finish ends.