Week Four - Goals Conclusion
Friday, February 01, 2013
Well, this was the last week of my goals for January. I had the same struggles even if I did cut back on the number of goals. I think with my work schedule (1030am - 7pm), and commuting just takes a toll on me at the end of the day. Plus it's so freezing outside I just want to stay all cozy inside my apartment with my husband, and cat, and just relax after work.
I have more energy on my days off, after I've slept in for 3 hours. Obviously. So maybe I'll just move some specific goals for just my days off. Wow, I never thought making goals would be so complicated for me. It's taken me a month to figure out what works, and what doesn't...but that's the nice thing about this site...you can take your time, record stuff, and then look back to see what works.
Anyway, here's the wrap up for my goals:
1. Drink 2L of water a day - Yup! I can drink water like it's no one's business now!
2. Work out 2 - 3 times this week - Nope! I only worked out once at the gym...hopefully February will be better. I can't beat myself up over this, even if I didn't work out at home at all.
3. Keep on track with my calorie count - This is a tough one. I end up eating more most days, especially when I'm at work. I'm not stressed out over it because if it's a day where skids are coming in, and there's product to constantly put away...I'm going to eat more to compensate for all the energy I'm using.
4. Read for 30 minutes before bed - Nope! I think this will only work on my days off. Before I go to bed every night I like to log onto this site instead of reading my book.
5. Learn to pace myself this week - Yup! I did it, and it feels great. I just have to keep this up, because I think it's beneficial for my health/weight loss as well.
I learned a lot of stuff from keeping track of my goals. Especially what I can, and can not do. I've also noticed I've become more relaxed at work, and not letting the little things get to me. However, I'm hoping I can keep that up next week when this really intense person comes back after having a year off for maternity leave. I'm thinking she'll be the motivation to get me on that treadmill after work, to get rid of any frustration.