Friday, February 01, 2013
accentuate the positive. there is a type of therapy that is used called Brief Solution Focus therapy. the whole goal of the therapy is to find the exceptions in one's life and keep doing the things that are working. it is an awesome tool, and can work for anyone. Coach Nicole's chat about positive thinking reminded me of this tool, and that i sooo need to remember - what are the things that are working well?
- motivation no matter how deep the snow, how cold it is out (canadian weather soemtimes -40 degrees celsius), how tired i am, or lazy i am, i have always (pretty much) popped out of bed without thinking to get going in the morning to do my exercising. i have even made it part of my get well routine now - breakfast first thing, then go do my exercises.
- i have seen weight losses happen. sometimes not as fast as i think they should be happening, but they did happen
- support through the Spark Community. the more you get involved, the more you find support and encouragement to keep yourself going. there are lots of great ideas on the website, and a gazillion members to egg you on and give you more great ideas.
- even when i haven't wanted to pop out of bed, i have been able to give myself a good pep talk to get moving. so woo hoo for me!!!
- journaling and blogging about my journey. the journaling - while private allows me new insights, and the blogging, less private, more public - helps me with accountability.
Lots of things going right. Lots of things to be positive about, along with visualizations of favorite outfits, or new outfits, new workout clothes because i've worn the old ones out, or just want something new and jazzy; or being able to walk that extra mile without discomfort, or recover faster after walking up a steep hill, riding a sprint on my bike...
I say, let your mind out to play about what can be accomplish, anything one can imagine can be possible - think BIG, play BIG.
Let's get out there and play!