Friday, February 01, 2013
These were my January goals:
1. Track food each day or set aside $1.00 for charity. I tracked food intake on 19 days during January. Actually I probably tracked more often than that but then deleted what I tracked. This isn't working for me.
2. Stay within calorie range or set aside $.50 for charity. Of those 19 days I tracked, I stayed within my calorie range for 16 days. So, actually I probably only stayed within my calorie range for half of the January days. This isn't working for me.
3. Take my measurements every 2 months. I still haven't done this because I can't stand up without the crutches. I had hoped to lose these during February but am not sure that will happen.
4. Exercise daily. Success!! I am limited as to what I can do but the seated workout videos work well enough for me and I have exercised every day. I have exercised at least 30 minutes on 23 of the January days.
5. Eat a rainbow every day. Success!!
6. Establish a reward system for every 5 pounds I lose. The reward will not be food related. I still haven't done this because I cannot stand independently so I can't get an accurate weight loss read. Therefore, there doesn't seem to be much reason to think about the reward system. I will set up that system this month.
I still struggle with the food intake and I know I do better with a more positive goal so I'm combining the two food related goals and giving myself a dollar if I track and stay in my calorie range. I'll earn myself a FitBit that way and since I can't walk yet and won't be able to do much for awhile, I have time to earn one.
I am just going to keep pushing myself till I get where I want to go!