Friday, February 01, 2013
On January 1st I posted a blog detailing some areas in my life I want to focus on this year. Another goal I have is to take a few minutes at the end of each month and see how I did.
1. Continue to exercise and eat well - Feel really great about my work here this month. I was worried about my strength training routine once my early boot camp class got cancelled, but I have done a great job keeping up with it. Food has been really good too. Focusing on 80% healthy and 20% not so health and it is really going well.
2. Be productive at the office and at home - Home is going really great. I have a schedule that I follow for housework. Productivity at the office needs improvement. I lose focus easily and find myself in the middle of three different tasks, none of them getting completed. I really need a system. Will focus on that more in February.
3. More quality time with the girls - Made great progress here this month. We've cooked together, played games, gone to the grocery store, gone to the park, etc. We have even exercised together. Look up Cosmic Kids Yoga on youtube if you have kids 10 and under. Well a 10 year old may think its too little kiddish for them. Me and my two had a blast!
4. Pay off debt - Without going into the specific numbers, we really buckled down this month and paid off a bill! We also have taken a significant step in solving an ongoing problem we have with the IRS. Very proud of myself and my spouse.
5. Encourage others - Cheering my sister-in-law on in her health journey as well as a couple other good cyber buddies. Have also started a cooking game over on the maintainers team here on spark. I used to be a very active team leader so it feels great to interact more with my fellow maintainers.
6. Patience - This wasn't on my initial "Thoughts for 2013" blog. I've realized how impatient I am with the people around me. I can take deep breaths and wait out a long line at the bank, but pull all my hair out after 5 minutes on the phone with my mother. She is the number one person that I lose my patience with. As she's gotten older, she just moves and talks so slowly and has a really hard time focusing on the things that I need her to hear. This month I have REALLY focused on being more patient with her. It feels good. I know that she won't be around forever and I want to feel good about the way I treated her.
Well, there it is. January 2013. I really don't want to lose site of my goals as the year goes on. I will do my best to continue the good work I did this month and improve where needed. Hope to have an even better report on March 1!