Friday, February 01, 2013
I started January with the absolute best of intentions. I set 5 goals for the year.
1. Save $10,000- I have not really made much progress toward this goal. I have been saving money like usual, but I had intended to set up a separate "untouchable" account for savings that I never got around to doing.
2. Do daily devotionals- I have been very faithful with this goal. I did a devotional every day either in the morning or before I went to bed.
3. Attend one meet-up group each month- I did not do this at all.
4. Get 1000 monthly fitness minutes- I finished the month at 1,065 minutes, so I made it, even if it was just barely...
5. Eat in my calorie range 90% of the time- I actually did this! Even though I went out to eat, had friends in town visiting and drank alcohol; I managed to stay within my calorie range 94% of the time this month.
So overall, while far from perfect, I did all right this month. I could definitely have done better, but it could have been way worse, especially with all the crap life threw at me. Weight-wise I don't think I made a whole lot of progress. After hitting my all time highest weight in August 2012, I lost 16 pounds and started this year at about 169 pounds. This month, my weight has been fluctuating. When I weigh myself first thing in the morning, I usually weigh between 165 and 168 pounds. This seems consistent with my weigh-ins with personal trainers. Towards the beginning of January, I was weighing in at 172 (this was at the end of the day) and last night I weighed in at 169.5, so not bad. I think I can safely say that I lost a few pounds, or at least I'm moving in the right direction.
I wanted to put up pictures today, so I could do a visual comparison, but I was having technical difficulties. Maybe tomorrow I will share the pictures.