Thursday, January 31, 2013
“Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.” ~Chinese Proverb
Yesterday was another good day – ate within calories, drank my water, and did my cardio. I only did 40 minutes on the treadmill last night because I was feeling a bit tired from the day before. I’ve noticed that once I get past the warm up and the next 10 – 15 minutes then I’m good. The hardest part is pushing through that first 10 or so minutes.
I found myself having a bit of a conversation in my head throughout the day. I feel like a changed person. For example, I again avoided temptation by passing on the cake and the free Mexican food offered on our floor. But I certainly don’t look like I’ve changed much of anything. And on the one hand I’m OK with the pace I’m on for losing weight, we’d all like people who physically see us to comment on our commitment. I need to stay focused on the healthy actions and not worry about things outside of my control.
I also realized I didn’t add all of my days for my MTD tracking right. Good thing for me I keep the tally in Excel along with my daily weigh ins to help me out. So I’m even further on my streaks then I had reported previously (by one day).
Health Progress MTD
1. Eat within calories (streak 24 days; 28 of 30 days this month)
2. Cardio (streak 35 days; 30 of 30 days this month)
3. Drink water (streak 21 days; 30 of 30 days this month)
4. Wear pedometer and track steps (streak 89 days; 30 of 30 days this month)
Three happy things:
1. Watching Lightening (especially in January in Michigan)
2. The tranquility of a baby sleeping
3. anti-lock brakes