Thursday, January 31, 2013
My main goal this month was to figure out my new "danger zones" and make sure I hadn't fallen back into my old "danger zones."
I'm a big fan of self-examination and introspection!!
Goals for February, based on some of my "danger zones:"
1. Track food every day. Most weekends and days on the road are not tracked...need to eat mindfully EVERY day, not just when at the office!
2. Board meetings and volunteer meetings = BIGGEST danger zone! Most meetings held at Brewing Company (or other restaurant), and eating dinner and having a drink at these meetings has put you over budget (on cals, and on your goal to only spend $50/month on dining out!) From now on, eat at home first and just order a drink...better yet, a cup of herbal tea!
3. The Parents. Having parents who smoke has made it harder for me to quit....and they tend to want to go out to dinner every Friday. Which means a margarita every Friday. It's not helping your waistline! From now on, go out to dinner with the parents every other week or so, rather than every week, and invite them over for some home-cooked foods the other weeks.
The plus side?
1. I managed to get in 1000 + fitness minutes. Barely, but it counts! I'm getting back into healthy habits, and it's less of a struggle to make myself get in the daily workout. My goal is to get in at least 1000 fitness minutes over at least 23 days in February.
2. ST has been MUCH more consistent! I'm not where I want to be yet, but for the first time in MONTHS I am getting in two workouts for each body part a week! By the end of February, I want to be consistently getting in at least 200 minutes of ST per week (no daily goals, so that I can stay on track even when I'm on the road).
3. I've already gotten in 23.9 miles so far this month...and I'm still planning to run tonight! Taking out the week that I was working and on the road (where I didn't manage to get out and run ONCE!) I made it 3.4 miles in week 1; 5.6 miles in week 2; and 10.3 miles in week 3 -- first time I've hit my 10 miles/week goal since October! And already this week I've made it 4.6 miles. If I stick with my plan to run at least 4 miles tonight and at least 5 miles on Saturday, I'm within sight of my new goal of 15 miles/week....in the first month of the new year!
To keep myself motivated through February (and keep from taking too much time off after a race!) I've signed up for two virtual 10Ks -- one on Valentines Day, one for my 30th birthday! My best time to date was just over 70.5 minutes...by my birthday, I want to see if I can get it down below 70 minutes.
It could have been a MUCH WORSE month!!