I decided that since tomorrow was February 1 I wanted to "ink" in some challenges for myself. By the way where the heck did January go?
Why 120 days? Well that gets me through the dark, cold, grey, foggy days of February, into March for the first blush of spring, April and green, sunny days and May when we can get our motorcycles out and start riding.
I've managed, as of today, to get 61 days of continuous cardio exercise in. I don't necessarily like getting on the treadmill at 4:45 in the morning during the week to get it done, but I do and actually can say I feel better for it. It's been a slow process working my way back from dealing with trochanteric bursitis in both hips but time, patience and slow going have finally paid off.
Where I've struggled the last couple months is drinking enough water and keeping my calories in check.
So my goals for the next 120 days:
1. Add strength training to my workout - 3 days a week.
2. Continue to gradually increase my cardio on a weekly basis.
3. Put my walking shoes back in the car so on nice days I can take a walk on my lunch hour.
4. Drink my water. Drink my water. Drink my water.
5. Track my food. Track my food. Track my food.
6. Say no to the office chocolate devil. One of my bosses loves to bring really good chocolate to work. I mean REALLY GOOD chocolate! It 's hard to resist.
7. Keep a positive and grateful attitude each day.
I need to update my weight and retake my measurements. According to the scale my weight is staying about the same. But my DH gave me a hug this morning and asked "how much weight have you lost?" When I told him none he suggested I dig out the tape measure to check. Hmmm, maybe some things are changing.
Spark On My Friends. Here's to the next 120 days.