It is not a secret to anyone who knows me that going to the theatre is, and has always been, one of the greatest joys of my life. Very little equals the house lights coming down and the curtain going up (though many times today it is already up) and, with a musical, the orchestra conductor giving the downbeat for the overture (though that has changed too as not many musicals have overtures today!) It has been that way since 1943 (I was 7) when my parents took me to see the original production of "Oklahoma". Tomorrow evening at 8 PM I will be experiencing that unexplainable tingling down my spine when I see "Wicked" at the Broward Performing Arts Center and I have to thank three people for making that possible. From left to right in the picture above:
A) Corine--Editor of www.broadwayshowbiz.com where you will be able to read my review this weekend.
B) Charlie--Florida Press Representative for Broadway Across America that brings the best of Broadway to Fort Lauderdale and Miami.
C) Charlotte--the Marketing & PR Associate for Broadway Across America .
Thanks to the three of you for being so kind and generous the past few years !
I guess I better include thanking 'my driver' Allen or he'll make me walk to Miami to see "Les Miserables" at the Arsht Center on February 26 !
1) It is hard to believe that I have been blogging for 9 years of which for 8 years, except being in the hospital for an aorta valve replacement for 4 days, I have posted every day. For that you either have to applaud or boo Chuck, who got me started on computers in 1998, and Gene, who pointed the way to blogging in 2003.
2) I noticed on one site I have 11,390 photographs --I suppose it is time to delete at least some of them as they must take up lots of room . (Like I don't know how a car works but I drive one I have no idea how the Internet works but I use it. How do 'they' know to throw out the Queen of Spades when I am playing Hearts? Don't bother telling me as I wouldn't understand anyway!)
3) For my review of the picture "Amour"--a must see that Richard and I think will win the Oscar for Best Foreign Language film--go to www.broadwayshowbiz.com
4) Barbra Streisand has agreed to do 'a very special performance' at the Oscars on Sunday, February 24--everyone is buzzing. Will it be a medley of her film songs? A salute to Marvin Hamlisch? Or? It has been 36 years since she last appeared on the Oscar show.
5) Anyone game enough to explain to me how to use google earth? I tried but couldn't get anywhere. If you are brave enough just keep in mind you will have to go in baby steps and will, probably, be bombarded with questions by me! LOL
6) Nongay men show higher levels of depression--like we didn't know that! For complete story go to http://tinyurl.com/adt9td4
7)There is hope for you yet--whether you are 18 or 68 you will change in the next 10 years! For the complete story go to