Well I got behind and didn't blog a new pattern for the past months. Please excuse the delay.
Here is a little Valentine that I figured out today.
I hope you like it.
Little Clementine Heart
Fray Stop (optional)
Start with central clover leaf.
1. R (ring) 5ds (double stitch), p (picot) ds for 9 picots, 5 ds, cl (close).
2. R 5 ds, j (join) to last p of first ring, p, ds for 12 picots, 5 ds, cl.
3. R 5 ds, j to last p of second ring, p ds 8x (eight times), 5 ds, cl.
4. RW (reverse work) C (chain) (correction)3 ds, p, 3 ds, for 6 picots, 3ds.
5. RW R 3 ds, p, 3 ds, join to 5th picot of last clover ring, 3 ds, p, 3ds, close.
6. RW chain 3 ds, p, 3 ds.
7. RW R 3 ds, join to last picot of previous small ring, 3 ds, join to 6th picot of clover leaf.
8. RW chain 3 ds, p, 3 ds.
9. RW ring 3 ds, join to 3rd picot of large cetral clover leaf, 3 ds, p, 3 ds, close.
10. RW chain 3 ds, p, 3 ds.
11. RW R 4ds, join to last picot of previous small ring, 3 ds, skip one picot of central clover leaf and join to next picot, 7 ds, cl.
12. RW chain 3 ds, p, 3 ds.
13. Bottom Ring 10 ds, skip one picot of central clover leaf and join to next picot, 10 ds, cl.
14. Now finish second half by reversing previous instructions from step 12 to step 5.
15. Chain 3 ds, p, 3ds for 5 picots.
3 ds, join to firs picot of first chain, 5 ds.
Tie and Finish ends.
This is how I finish ends:
1. Tie two square knots with the ends.
2. Then put a drop of Fray Stop on the knots.
3. When dry, Thread the threads through an embroidery needle and sew them back through the tatting.
4. Clip Close being careful not to clip the tatting.
1. With shuttle thread continuous to ball thread, join to first picot on first chain..
2. Chain 11 ds, skip 1 picot on inner heart, and join to next picot.
3. Repeat step 2.
4. Chain 8 ds, join to next picot of inner heart.
5. Chain 9 ds, join to next picot.
6. Chain 12 ds, join to next picot.
7. Chain 6 ds, p, 6 ds, join to next picot of inner heart.
8. Continue on to other side of heart using instructions 6 through 1 in reverse.
9. Chain 2 ds, RW very small ring 2 ds join to first picot of first inner ring, 2 ds, close. RW chain 2 ds.
10. Tie and finish ends.