Wednesday, January 30, 2013
As a reflect back on January, I'm proud of my accomplishments and see areas of improvement. On this journey, it's important to look back at the gains I've made and also make a mental map of where I want to go in the next month. I love the tools on SP for this purpose. They're so motivating!
1) My fav - the sparksummary calendar (on the start page, on right side under weight) - I see that I did well on my exercise, working out for a majority of days, at least 3 times per week even on my "bad" weeks, tracked my food most days, and consistently logged into SP. I also see that there were a lot of days here and there that I could (and should) have worked in some exercise. Since I did log exercise for 18/30 days so far, I'm setting a mini-goal for next month to log exercise for 24/28 days. That gives me one "rest" day or "I just don't feel like it" day each week and is an improvement from this month overall.
2) Calorie and nutrition over time (reports button under tracker) - I'm generally doing well staying within my range, but I'd like to have a little more consistency as I generally eat at the far bottom end of the range for 3-5 days, then have a high calorie day where I'm close to going over or actually do go over. I also see that my carbs are consistently at the high end while my proteins are at the low end. My goal for next month is to get carbs to the low to middle end and proteins to middle to high.
3) Sparkstreak - (under tracker) I'm really bad about not drinking an adequate amount of water or getting the sleep I should get. I'm planning to reset my sparkstreaks to make these a goal for which I can hold myself accountable. I can track my intake / sleep here and reevaluate how I'm doing as I progress.
4) ST vs Cardio - (under tracker, reports button) I was really into the cardio and very much neglecting ST. I know how important ST is in my plan and need to be more committed to it. By looking at my reports, I see I've made improvements in the last part of the month with consistency, so that's also one of my goals for February.
5) Daily Calorie Deficit - (under tracker, reports) I check this daily to motivate me and reassure myself I'm doing what I need to do to meet my goal. Yes, I know it's the big picture over time and not day to day, but I do need that day to day feedback and accountability. I'm keeping my deficit in a range of 500-1000 per day overall. I don't like the ease of use of the deficit over time chart so I utilize the daily deficit.
There are MANY other tools in SP I utilize also, but these are the main ones that I am thinking of this morning that pertain to my main goals and the ones I visit most often. If you aren't using the tools here in SP, you should give them a try and see which help you with reflection and goal setting to help with your journey to where you want to be. Spark on! :)