Good morning, good morning!
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
So, I'm all bright and perky and awake today. I'm starting to think I must have SAD; I always get the winter blues (doesn't everyone?) but I kid ye not, this morning I woke up and it was sunny, and I was bouncy and had more energy than I knew what to do with. Then the sun went behind a cloud and we got a light shower that lasted less than 20 minutes, and about an hour of overcast skies, and I got all gloomy. My run (which was within that hour) was way harder than my last one (which was in much colder but brighter weather). Yet when I got home, the sky cleared and the sun came back out, and suddenly I'm ready to re-try the run that just half bloody killed me! What's going on there?
Anyways, I've made a few tweaks to the dream journal. Since I pretty much never drink, nap or take meds, I've taken those questions out (though I've added booze to caffeine) and added a couple of bits that are relevant to me. I've also re-arranged where the "wake up" thing is; to me, having it right at the end of the day (when you've probably forgotten it) just doesn't make sense, so I put it in the morning wake-up bit.
What time are you lying down to go to sleep?
What was your bedtime routine?
- Aromaptherapy blend of 48d lavender, 12d chamomile, 12d sandlewood, 10d frankincense, 8d ylang ylang and 5d bergamot. I rubbed this into my feet, then sat in bed with a huge mug of sleep-inducing herbal tea and read a couple of chapters of my book.
What did you last eat tonight? (Include type, amount, and time you ate.)
- A little seeded bread cake thingie at 10:00.
Did you exercise today? (Include the type, duration, and time of day if you exercised.)
- Yes, but only 10 minutes on the wii.
Did you consume any caffeinated drinks or foods today, or any alcoholic drinks? (Include type, number, and time of day.)
- Yes; a mug of coffee this morning to wake up, and a mug of tea in the afternoon to chill out. About 16:00 I guess; none since then. No alcohol though.
What types of stressors did you encounter today, and what types do you expect to encounter tomorrow?
- None, really, and I'm excited/happy/relaxed about tomorrow; it's due to be a relaxed day with a boyfriend at the end of it.
How hungry did you feel today? (1- Not hungry, 2- Normal hunger, 3- Strong hunger, 4- Extreme hunger)
- 4. REALLY hungry but not quite as bad as yesterday.
How awake did you feel today? (1- Exhausted, 2- Somewhat tired, 3- Fairly alert, 4- Wide awake)
- 3. Better than yesterday but still far from perfect.
How irritable did you feel today? (1- Calm, 2- Slightly annoyed, 3- Moderately irritable, 4- Highly irritable)
- 1. Nice and chilled out.
How long did it take you to fall asleep last night?
- I don't even remember my head touching the pillow!
How many times did you wake during the night?
- Just once for the loo; I was dead to the world and barely stayed awake doing that!
What time did you wake up today?
How many hours of sleep did you get?
What mood did you wake up in?
- Tired, but cheerful enough.
- None that I remember; I slept as deep and sound as every I have!
What quality was your sleep (according to the SleepCycle Iphone app)?
- 83% (my average is 74% but lowest was 32%)
So yeah...my breakfast was good (1 cup muesli, 1 cup semi-skimmed milk, no coffee, just water) and I'm planning a decent lunch and something with chicken for dinner...maybe diced courgette and peppers with mashed potatoes (regular and sweet) and some chicken diced and stir-fried in a little light olive oil and garlic. I'd love some fresh parsley to go on it all, but alak alas....
I did my measurements today. Haven't done them since before Xmas, so I knew I might have put on a couple of inches. I knew I'd gained a few lb's (which I've since worked off) but when I did the measurements, some (like my calf and upper arm) have almost doubled! I find that hard to believe; more likely I was being economical with the truth when I did the initial measurements. I mean, sure, I may have gained a couple of inches...but +7.5 to my calf? Double my upper arm? I think not. If I'd gained 30lb's or put weight on around my waist (which I haven't) then I would accept it, but apparently it's just my appendages that have increased in size. Very strange! I know I put on a few lb's last night with those waffles and the toast, so I'm not living in high hopes of being any lighter this week, but I'm keen to monitor my size and make sure it is the initial measurements that are at fault and I'm not turning into some kind of hyper-limbed mutation. Regardless, I'm feeling pretty good about myself.
Off to college now. I doubt I'll get a "proper" workout done today, but I'll be doing some time with my fella on the wii-fit; that's better than nothing.