Clarity While Walking
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
I just realized that I first joing SP in December 2007. I've made several attempts to get healthy in the last five years, some attempts lasting longer than others, but I've never stuck with it. I think I've learne a little something along the way with each attempt and maybe, just maybe, I had to falter several times before I was going to succeed.
I don't know what it is..but this time FEELS different. I'm in a different place mentally and emotionally. And while the world keeps throwing me curveballs, I keep getting stronger. I'm stronger in my faith. I have more confidence than ever. And I have finally decided to treat myself the way I treat everyone else around me. I have several reasons to want to lose weight and I need to start writing them down as I think of them, but here are my top 10 reasons so far:
1. I want to not hurt all the time. I want my knees and back to stay in alignment and not to have to carry around the weight of another person.
2. I want to be around for my children.
3. I want to run and play with my children. I want them to someday look back at this time in their lives and remember all the fun things we did together (maybe then it will help them forget all the times I yell...)
4. I want my kids to be proud of me, to see how hard I've worked and to learn that they can do anything they set their minds on.
5. I want to learn how to deal with stress with healthy choices.
6. I want to be able to use a regular sized towel after a shower, swimming, etc.
7. I want to look better for my 20th high school reunion in June June 2014.
8. I want to finally be able to wear the pants that "almost fit" and have been hanging in my closet for 5 years with the tags on.
9. I want to prove my husband wrong.
10. I want to learn to be patient and to lose weight the healthy way.