Tuesday, January 29, 2013
I have had a healthy January. I have made many positive steps.
1. I have been tracking my foods most days. I think I only missed 2 days in January-both weekend days- both days I knew I wasn't eating well and was avoiding being accountable! BUT, I did turn myself around and start tracking again, even on days I went over my calorie range.
2. I have worn my Fitbit everyday....love it! It definitely pushes me to move more, especially on days I did not have planned activity.
3. I have included a lot of variety in my exercise....so important because I get bored easily. I have reconnected with Bikram and swimming. I tried Zumba for the first time. I also love to run and walk, but the cold weather had pushed me inside. I am not a fan of walking/running on a treadmill.
4. I started listening to books on my iPhone (audible.com) and this keeps me wanting to walk or run longer on warmer days when I can get out.
5.My son & I have replaced some TV time with more active Wii games (we used to use the Wii all the time and forgot about it). Wii is great on cold days when it is hard to get out. As a reward for reaching 155 lbs., I ordered Just Dance for Wii. Can't wait for it to come in!
6. Although not perfect, I have made a conscious effort to get 7 hour of sleep.
7. I found the sprint triathlon I plan to do in September.
8. I plan to register for the 10K I had to skip last year (husband had heart attack night before my race).
9. I lost 2 lbs. in January.
I know I need to work on recording foods, making healthy food choices, and staying active when I have an increase in commitments (stress). See previous blog. But, I guess recognizing this is the first step.
My goals for February 2013:
1. Add strength training to my workouts (2 times/week).
2. Register for 10K in May.
3. Register for sprint triathlon in September.
4. Continue to do at least 30-60 minutes of moderate-to-intense exercise (Bikram, swim, run, walk, Zumba, etc.) at least 5 days week.
5. 10,000 steps on Fitbit, especially on days I am not doing moderate-to-intense exercise.
6. Be down 2 lbs. more by end on February (153 lbs.).
In January I wrote these 2013 Goals. I am reposting them in this blog to keep them in my mind.
1. Remember to enjoy my family & friends.
2. Sleep at least 7 hours each night.
3. Make exercise a priority- I will adjust my fitness goals on a monthly basis to keep myself from becoming bored. (January exercise plan: yoga 4 x week, walk 10,000 steps each day-COMPLETED IN JANUARY).
4. Journal food daily.
5. Blog at least monthly to keep connected to my goals & to monitor my progress.
6. Budget to pay down credit card debt.
7. Finish one triathlon by October.
8. Run in one 10K in May.
9. Be at goal weight of 135 lbs by 2014. (Approx 20 lb loss).
Edit Blog Entry | Delete Blog Entry