Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.


    MARYJEANSL   73,567
SparkPoints
60,000-79,999 SparkPoints
 
 
Lawn Mowing in January

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Every year I have promised myself that I would mow the lawn over the winter so I wouldn't be faced with three-foot high nasty weeds when spring came. And every year so far I have made excuses and rationalized my way out of it, so that, come the spring...well, I have a nightmare in my back yard. To wit:







These pictures were taken in February of 2012. Nasty, horrible weeds - by the time I finally forced myself to mow, I had a major disaster on my hands. A scythe would have been appropriate, but all I had was a mower.

"Well," I vowed, for probably the 34th time, " I won't let that happen again." And, if it hadn't been for the fact that the bug guy is coming to treat the house on Wednesday, I probably would have broken the vow for the 34th time. But, since he is coming, I had no choice, so today I broke out the old mower. And things are not nearly as bad as they were last February.

But I have a different problem: dead leaves. I hate raking leaves more than almost any other type of yard work. It's the bending over and trying to get the leaves to cooperate in being shoved into bags that gets me. So, to make my life easier, I decided to just mow the lawn, dead leaves and all, and bag the results. Well, I mowed the front yard today, and I would say that the full bags from the mower were about 95% chopped leaves and 5% bits of grass.

No matter; I will bag a hundred garbage bags full of chopped leaves rather than break out the rake. I have six so far, and many more to go. I got about a third of the lawn done today, and tomorrow will be a big day of mowing. Here's to good weather!
SHARE
  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

BLITZEN40 1/29/2013 10:27AM

    That's some serious leafy, green vegetation you have there. It almost looks like a garden! Way to go getting it all mowed down and getting the leaves bagged up. Nothing like company coming for a little motivation, huh? Sounds like you got a great workout in getting it all done. Way to go!

Report Inappropriate Comment
FITANDFIFTY2 1/29/2013 1:44AM

    That is awesome!! Your yard improves and look at all that wonderful exercise you got!! Woo hoo!! Great day for you, Spark Friend!! emoticon emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment

Add Your Comment to the Blog Post


Log in to post a comment.
 


Other Entries by MARYJEANSL