Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.


    DJ4HEALTH   303,030
SparkPoints
300,000-349,999 SparkPoints
 
 

Did not know it could grow there!!


Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My husband had to go into the hospital and get platelets since he was at 3(yours should be over 150,000 - 400,000 platelets per microliter (mcL).) Then the doctor checked his mouth and sent the infectious doctor in to see it and he said that he has mold growing in his mouth. I know that mold grows in showers but never have I heard of it growing in the mouth but then again it is the perfect environment to grow in. Moist, dark, warm and has food too. He has a hard time eating because of it too. Not sure if I will post a picture of it since it looks too nasty.
SHARE

Member Comments About This Blog Post:
RISINGBLUESTAR 7/8/2013 3:30AM

    Sounds like it was Candida/ thrush.
emoticon

Sorry to hear about your husband. :(

emoticon

Comment edited on: 7/9/2013 8:07:02 PM

Report Inappropriate Comment
LIFE-FAITH 5/3/2013 11:37PM

    I have had a mold infection in the tube between my ear and my nose, so yes mold can grow in the body. The worst is if you are allergic to it, like I am!

I pray for the best for him.
Jean

Report Inappropriate Comment
NOLAZYBUTT110 5/3/2013 11:11PM

    I know once fungus gets inside you its hard to kill it off and can cause cancer..... so can fleas cause cancer... and spiders.... but many Drs dont know or tell you tell you about thsoe things.... been there. (My granddaughter got cancer on her calf after a spider laid eggs in a mosquito hole on her leg and she saw it, and she lost ehr calf muscle, two surgeries and radiation and we still dont knwo if she will be able to have babeis' and her two brotehrs coudl go thru the same thing were told. Becasue her cancer was on a cellular level. Scary, and she was just 7 when she delat with cancer,,, synovial cell sarcoma... so I know what you been thru... and then losing your husband, my heart goes out to you.... read a lot of your blogs. May G*d be with you, susana

Report Inappropriate Comment
PROUD-GRANDMA 2/6/2013 8:37AM

    emoticon emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
REXTINE1 2/4/2013 12:01PM

    I hope the doctors can come up with an effective treatment. Mold in the mouth is a new problem to me - and I hope I don't get it.

Report Inappropriate Comment
DOTTIBELL 2/2/2013 2:18AM

    Praying for both you and your husband. Me and mine are having our own health difficulties. Leave these worries to God's wonderous Grace! Wrap them up and gift them to God! He keeps every tear, every fear. God is the only Miracle Worker! Our God is an awesome God!

Report Inappropriate Comment
DBELLE39 2/2/2013 12:17AM

    Sending up prayers for a complete recovery.

Report Inappropriate Comment
BRAVEONE92 1/30/2013 11:33PM

    I have never heard of mold in the mouth. Wow,
that could really make him a very sick man~
all over his body. I sure hope the doctor who
discovered this, can give him something to
clean this up very soon. Best Wishes. emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
CAROLFAITHWALKR 1/30/2013 12:07AM

    Dorothy, sounds like thrush or is it another kind of mold? In any case he certainly sounds acidic - fungi can't grow nor reproduce in alkaline environment. Does he like lemonade? Can you make him a fresh-squeeszed glass every day? You don't even have to use stevia in it, it would still be beneficial the other way. Although I DO love stevia or xylitol lemonade. Also, xylitol kills fungi. Xylitol lemonade (or xylitol anything in his mouth, like toothpaste) would be good too. He could also rinse his mouth out with baking soda water.

If you could get him to eat a whole lemon that would be even better, but, most people wouldn't eat a fresh lemon. I would, after my sister dying from cancer; but I know I'm not typical.

Report Inappropriate Comment
TEDYBEAR2838 1/29/2013 9:30PM

    EWE! That sounds terrible.

I hope things turn around also, REAL SOON!

Report Inappropriate Comment
KAYLSLYNN 1/29/2013 1:41PM

    THAT SOUNDS AWFUL. I HOPE THAT THINGS TURN AROUND SOON.

Report Inappropriate Comment
-POLEDANCEGIRL- 1/29/2013 12:27PM

    emoticon emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
TIME2BLOOM4ME 1/29/2013 12:22PM

    emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
NADINEL 1/29/2013 10:03AM

    I have not heard of mold in your body, but I have heard of thrush. He has been very sick. I am so glad you were able to get him treated. I will pray for both of you.

Report Inappropriate Comment
GARDENCHRIS 1/29/2013 7:23AM

    hoping and praying that he gets better, and your less stressed.

Report Inappropriate Comment
SYDLETZIII 1/29/2013 6:17AM

    I will pray that he gets well soon.

Report Inappropriate Comment
SAMI199 1/29/2013 5:23AM

    That sounds awful-I am praying for you both.

emoticon


Report Inappropriate Comment

Add Your Comment to the Blog Post


Log in to post a comment.
 


Other Entries by DJ4HEALTH