Okay, so every now and then, you have to stop and think about what you've learned. Here's a brief list of things that have been impressed on my mind lately.
1. I need to eat more fish.
2. Pre-packaged fish has some truly viable options, such as: Crown Prince No Salt Added Sardines & Polar Smoked Kipper Snacks (can I use brand names?). Both of these are low in sodium for packaged fish, and the kippers in particular are VERY yummy.
3. In a pinch, some of the Bumblebee Sensations tuna w/crackers are workable, though higher in sodium than I'd prefer, and the flavors are just "okay". Nothing to brag on here, but useful if I have to grab something quick or for last minute changes to plans.
4. I seriously lack motivation to get up early to exercise all by myself. My stated wish is to be up early, walk or run or do something before getting ready for the day. Only...the alarm goes off and I roll back over. Would really love a partner to get up and go do things with - meeting someone else who's relying on me would get me up and out. (This lack of motivation is part of my indecisiveness about registering for the Crescent City Classic 10K...my pace is very different than everyone else I know who is going in it, and I would be "alone", even lined up in different starting groups. That right there is almost a deal-breaker in itself...do I really want to train hard for 2 solid months to run alone, to not have someone I know and trust alongside me through the route?)
5. Having a hunk of king cake early in the day is a bad decision...it leaves me with sugar cravings that cannot be appeased, and a hunger (from taking in mostly carbs, not enough protein) that won't go away. Couple that with going to a double parade, and there being only junk food available (cotton candy, snowballs [better than snocones], fast food, etc), and it amounts to a rough day on the food tracker (though I walked a lot, danced a lot, got hit on [yep! :-D], etc.).
6. I waste way too much time. Not much to be said on this one, except to affirm its truth.
So, there you have a tiny little piece of my mind...hope it doesn't mess you up too much. ;)