Why do I excercise?
Monday, January 28, 2013
It was tough getting out of bed this morning. E kids are home from school, and with icy rain and my husband out of town, it meant exercising indoors- again. No gym, no walk or jog outside. Normally I'm okay with the occasional day inside, but after a week of them due to snow and cold- well, it's getting old.
So I though a reminder of some of the reasons I excercise might be a good way to start my day.
1. I never want to buy anything over a size 10 again.
2. I want to set a great example for my kids. Yes, I love to read and play games too, but use it or lose it!
3. My parents both died before they reached 57. Sure, they were smokers, but still....I want to meet my grandchildren.
4. My in-laws are both in their 60s and can barely walk. They are not obese, they just have so many medical problems their quality of life is awful. Bad knees, bad necks, bad backs, constant cortisone shots, psychiatrists.....obviously, I need to be in good shape to take care of them, because they never made health a priority now.
5. After doing a workout video that I know darn well I would NOT have gotten through 5 years ago, I feel powerful and competent, two of my favorite things to feel.
That's just a few of the reasons I do this. Need is say more?
Off to excercise!