Monday, January 28, 2013
(assignment is to write a letter to our 16 y.o. self)
Even though you think that nobody understands you, I'd like to help you put perspective on what you are feeling right now. Sixteen is a difficult age and you are just beginning to take tentative steps out into the world and discover who you really are. You wonder if you have the skills to make it as an adult; you wonder if you will ever be lovedů.YES and YES! Your life is going to be hard work but exciting and full of love and laughter. However, I have a bit of advice to help smooth your way:
1. There is no white knight out there to save you. You may love someone with all your heart and do everything you can to make him happy but sometimes that man isn't capable of being who you need him to be. You can't fix that. On the other hand; you absolutely DESERVE to have a man who adores you and wants to bring out the best in you. He's out there; wait for him.
2. Women need to be strong, smart and self-confident. Do whatever it takes to finish college.
3. Grow your own vegetables and avoid processed foods because chemicals build up over time. Don't start smoking in college; you WILL eventually get sick from it.
4. Stick up for yourself. Some people just won't like you, but many will and guess what? They likely are as shy as you are. Nobody likes a martyr. Learn to say "no".
5. Keep doing the sports you love; keep up with tennis, you are good at it. Start running sooner because you end up really loving it.