Working with my team
Sunday, January 27, 2013
I am the president of the Berks County Association of School Retirees. We have around 1400 members. The executive board has officers, committee chairs, and presidents of our 8 subchapters. They are wonderful people. In the 4 weeks of my leadership, the team accomplished the following:
* Arranged the speaker for the April 19th meeting
* Got Berks Encore articles to the press
* Arranged the September 5th program (co anchor of Berks News - Wendy Davis)
* Submitted articles for the newsletter (I'm the editor)
* Arranged the program for the December meeting
* Arranged a trip to Gettysburg on May 3, 2014
* Finalized the retirement workshop for March 23
* Did community service planning and surveys
*Began work on membership benefits and services.
This team is dynamite ....not retiring at all!
I'm so proud of them. We are a proactive group.