Day by Day
Friday, January 25, 2013
I'm new to blogging but thought I'd give it a try. I have tried many times to lose weight but never succeeded over the long run. This time even though I want to lose weight I am going to concentrate more on eating healthy. If by eating healthy I can also lose the weight all the better. I think toning and healthy eating are the keys to success. Time will tell. With healthy eating I am going to try to lower the portions as well. This will only happen if I can do it without feeling hungry all the time. I have found when hunger strikes, eating the wrong foods also happen especially if you did not account for it in your meals. Taking 2 meals a day to work makes snacking a priority. Taking the bus makes it harder because the more you pack in your lunch bag the heavier it gets.
So here is my plan.
1. Never go shopping on the weekend unless you have eaten breakfast if going in
the morning or eating lunch if going in the afternoon.
2. Never go out Saturday night without taking a snack. I help out at the legion
on this day. Taking a snack will hopefully stop me from buying the wrong
3. When planning meals, plan the whole day, not just one meal. Planning the
whole day will keep everything on track the way I want it.
4. Walk every day. I walk for a total of 25 minutes Monday to Friday for the bus.
Will try to walk the same or more on the weekends as well.
5. Avoiding fast foods is a must. If I eat out it will be planned in advance.
If spur of the moment then I will do my best to choose healthy options from
6. With a major health challenge going on right now, even when I am feeling my
worst, I will try to walk even if just up the street and back. Of course there
will be days when this is not possible, but over all that is my goal.