A note to my 16 year old self
Friday, January 25, 2013
Dear 16 year old me,
I have thought long and hard about the many things I want to say to you and the most important thing you need to know is that you are strong, smart, beautiful (don’t say no, you are!) and loved.
YOU ARE NOT FAT, OR UGLY, OR DUMB!
Please understand that society has given you some crazy misinformation about what is beautiful and desirable. If you realize this now and refuse to accept this misinformation, you will be way ahead of the game. You will become stronger and smarter and more desirable. You will accomplish things you never dreamed and you will be so much happier.
Things I want you to be sure to do over the next 10 years are…
1. Love. Spend more time with the ones you love and tell them you love them. Fight less and love more!
2. Explore. When you are in a new town or state, explore it and enjoy all it has to offer.
3. Play. Playing keeps you young and makes you feel good.
4. Dance. Get up off your butt and move.
5. Risk. Get out of your safe, comfortable world and challenge yourself.
6. Roll. Things will happen that you are not expecting. You’re gonna have to roll with it. Denial will get you nowhere. Accept it and find a way to deal with it!
7. Love. (Yes, I said this twice, but this is the most important lesson of all) Love YOURSELF.
Don’t forget, I am you with 30 years of experience. TRUST me and just do it!
It’s going to be a GREAT life!
46 year old me
P.S. You probably won't hear from me again, so heed my advice. I have to get on with my life and look forward instead of back. Good Luck!