Friday, January 25, 2013
We're at the second to last week of this round of Boot Camp, and it seems that today was our last Burn Out day for a while (not sure what's in store, but I know it will be good).
Squats: 111 with 50lb bar
Push-ups: 41, finally hit that 40+ mark!
Sit-ups: 46 with 25lb plate
Walking Lunges: 88 with two 25lb dumbbells. Again, I should focus more on form; quality > quantity
Run a mile: 7:47 - just the same as last week, which is pretty good. I felt like I had more times I needed a quick break but I kept trying to look at my time left and think (okay it's only 8 minutes total, or do this for 90 seconds, or do this for 2 minutes at 8.6mph - that's like a final jam!)
Last Monday I had off from work for MLK, and I predicted three options:
1. Sleep in and go to the 6pm class (it's a good friend and my fiancee's 30th birthday party the night before)
2. Hit boot camp then come home and nap
3. Hit boot camp and stay for some more cardio or at least walk it on the treadmill.
I did boot camp (which was a lot of strength circuits) I can't remember now. Then I hit the treadmill for what began as a cool down and ramped up to jogging intervals for just under an hour. Finally, I ended up trying every piece of equipment my gym had to offer. This meant the stair stepper machine for a hot minute (that machine seems terrible), the elliptical, the upright bike, and all the strength machines - each with (most of the time) a minimum of 30lbs and 3 sets of 15.
It felt awesome. Though as I type this now I realize I don't think I did the lat pull and cross cable machines... So I lied. I did a lot of the machines/equipment my gym offers, but not all.
All in all I hit the gym for 3 hours! WHOA!
And finally, today's weigh-in was 156lbs. Which isn't terrible considering the amount of cake and brownies and more I've been bombarded with this week.
Three final notes (I should stop using the word "finally" when crafting blog posts:
1. I'm going to do the next 3-month round of boot camp and really dedicate my training during class, on off-days, and my nutritional choices - or I hope.
2. I've signed up for TWO 5ks in April, and looking at a third the beginning of May. This will have me doing 3 5ks in one month! The first two are The Color Run and Color Me Rad - which I'm on teams for with new runners and should be a blast. The third is a "Go Girl Run" 5k, which I'm only considering because I have a $5 coupon for it - and I'm a sucker for a deal. But the more I think about it, the more uneasy I get about pinked-out stereotypical "girl" events and whether they'd include my trans-sisters or not...
3. My gym is having a member appreciation party and Q&A session about the Boot Camp program, and my trainer asked me to be there to answer new members/prospective boot campers' questions. I'm a little excited about it, though I'll need to leave for the second half to make it to derby practice. Can't let ego get in the way of fitness!