Friday, January 25, 2013
So, amongst all my other issues.....I had environmental allergy testing done and was pretty much severly allergic to everything (grasses, pollen, molds, pet hair, feathers, trees, you get the idea.)
So, as I keep trying to figure out what agrees with my stomach and what doesn't I came across some info that my mold allergy may be causing problems with things I'm eating ......like xantham gum? guar gum? Hmmmmm what about that Bio-K fermented rice probiotic I spent a gabillion dollars on?
Here's a list I found that someone else had posted online.
* Vinegar and foods containing vinegar, such as salad dressing, catsup, and pickles
* Sour cream, sour milk, and buttermilk
* Meat or fish more than 24 hours old
* Breads and other food made with yeast
* Pickled and smoked meats and fish
* Dried fruits such as dates, prunes, figs, and raisins
* Soy sauce
* Hot dogs, sausages
* Canned juices
vegan cheese and yogurt are out because they have vegan cultures in them.
Does anyone have any input on this?
It's frustrating because I feel like I'm in a vicious circle, my doctor tells me I should take probiotics, but I can't swallow pills so I found this vegan rice liquid but I can't tell if it's bothering me or not. I'm trying to bake gluten free but so many recipes call for a gum to be added. grrrrr......
Any input or your experiences is appreiated!