Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.

    JENNY160   18,075
15,000-19,999 SparkPoints

Lunch-- it's not for sissies

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ok, for those of you with a weak, or easily-offended, constitution, look away.

Yesterday was a doozy for me.

I was eating healthfully, making good choices (or so I thought), and had a big ol' bowl of an aseptic-packaged soup I got at Whole Foods. Gran Farro e Fagioli by Fig Food Co. It was kinda bland, but had an ok flavor, so I polished it off with a small veggie sandwich made with high-fiber bread.

Halfway through the afternoon, I started feeling...*uncomfortable*. That discomfort quickly festered into an unbelievable, pressurized BLOAT distending my upper gut to hideous dimensions. I was miserable. All I could hope for was this gaseous pressure to move one direction or the other! I couldn't "express" from either end, and it just kept getting worse and worse. I pressed on my gut hoping to move the bubble, but it wasn't going anywhere. I don't drink pop and can't take antacids or bicarbonates due to medications I am on, so I was forced to let this "pass" naturally.

After work, I was supposed to meet DH at the gym. I was terrified to go. What if "it" decided to birth mid-stride on the elliptical? I would be horrified. It would not be a typical runner's SBD that is to be excused as part of a runner's bodily musical repertoire. No, this thing would be a basketball foghorn blast as the clock runs out.

I gingerly started my strides at a slow pace to feel things out, and when nothing seemed to shift, I continued my workout with enthusiasm, albeit cautiously. After 20 minutes, the wind shifted, shall we say. Pun intended. I clenched and dismounted as quickly as one can with cheeks glued together and bee-lined it for the restroom.

I was so relieved to have clenched that bad-boy in all the way to the restroom, and silently thanked my trainer for being a drill sergeant with the glute exercises. The anonymity of the spacious stall was comforting as I waited for *something* to happen. Nothing. I waited some more. More nothing. I sat there for 10 minutes trying to get this thing outta me! When I realized that it had no intention of leaving, at least not yet, I decided to pack it in and go home. I whispered my reason to DH, who, grinning, said, "Yeah, that's probably best."

My painful passenger remained with me until this morning. Luckily I was alone when he left. And before I flushed, I saw just exactly what was in that soup and sandwich.


Member Comments About This Blog Post:
MJREIMERS 1/25/2013 3:07PM

    emoticon I think almost everyone can relate to your blog! (Even if they don't want to think about it!) I'm glad you are feeling better! emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment

Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

Log in to post a comment.

Other Entries by JENNY160