ODDS & ENDS, BITS & PIECES
Thursday, January 24, 2013
1) GreatMartin (me) very seldom will write a political blog though he has, stupidly, made comments on people's blogs and got raked over the coals for it--mainly when I asked for facts. With that said I must state that I was extremely proud of Hillary Clinton when she faced the anti-Obama, Republicans are afraid she may run for President (and win) in 2016--she was honest, straight forward, said how she felt, accepted the blame as much as McCain (whatever happened to this man? The past few years he has gone over the edge) wanted to blame her boss she told him, and the rest, that the buck stopped at her desk--she was honest with her feelings about the 4 dead Americans. Most important was her question regarding "What difference did it make whether it was a video or guys walking down the street...?" I really don't think she will run for President but she did a super job as First Lady, NY Senator and Secretary of State. Thanks for your service Hillary!
2) I saw "Wicked" two years ago and will be seeing it again next Thursday!
3) Is it just me or do the new TV smoking ads turn you off as much as they do me to the point I turn them off--which is no way to get someone to stop smoking!
4) Doctor called me yesterday to tell me I have gout and that I would have to give up steaks and other red meats--my response? HA! I am now taking ANOTHER pill! UGH!
5) Regarding the picture on top--Allen and I went to the Courtyard for lunch again this week but Kimberly had the day off. We had Lee as our server and he did a good job. Allen had the Turkey club and I had the Roast Beef and Swiss on rye sandwich both being good--looks like the Courtyard is a winner! After we went to Double Dippers which had opened as Gelato Station--no more gelato just all kind of Hershey's ice cream so we were forced ( like the guy behind the counter twisted our arms!) to have ice cream.
6) Tomorrow we are goping to The Gateway Theatre to see "Quartet". Look for my review tomorrow night.
7) After going to the Post Office, CVS, Winn-Dixie, The Dollar Tree and The Home Depot we went all over looking for a place for Allen to get keys made--it was almost impossible!!! I didn't realize getting a duplicate made today was so difficult!
8) Now I am waiting to find out whether we won the Lotto and/or Powerball Saturday night--don't worry when we do I will still be blogging on Sunday!